Brickyard’s COVID-19 PrecautionsUpdated May 2021
As the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to subside, especially in Northern Virginia, Brickyard has implemented a plan to continue providing a safe environment for our members, visitors and staff.
Dear Present & Future Members,
We are incredibly grateful for all in our community as we have navigated through these challenging years. We are so fortunate to have been able to keep our doors open with your support. Brickyard would like to send a couple of reminders to our community to ensure that we continue to be proactive with protecting ourselves, our space, and the members of our community from COVID-19 and other security concerns.
As you may be aware, the state of Virginia is presently repealing certain restrictions based on the significant decline in COVID-19 cases. As vaccinations continue, and this downward trend proceeds, Brickyard would like to send a couple of reminders to our community to ensure we are still proactively fighting against the Coronavirus, as well as roll back some previous initiatives from the beginning of the pandemic. This all being said, we are closely monitoring the evolving and developing situation, and will keep everyone updated through this webpage on the changes we will take going forward.
While we are still working diligently to keep Brickyard clean, we still need the help of our members to accomplish this. First and foremost, if you have had a positive COVID-19 diagnosis and/or you have come into contact with someone who has, please notify us immediately so we can respond proactively.
Below you will find what the Brickyard is doing as a team, and what we all ask our members to do to keep Brickyard a healthy, thriving community.
Our Present & Future Actions
Here are the action items we have put in place, or will be instituting as of today:
- Our Community Managers in the space will remain vigilant in the regular cleaning and inspection of our offices.
- Our cleaning crews are very much aware of the present outbreak and are continuing to use a greater amount of time and precaution to sanitize the common areas within our spaces.
- Our Community Managers will be focusing on sanitizing high-touch areas of our offices (like our lobby and kitchen areas) with greater frequency.
- Our Community Managers will be leaving out certain cleaning products around the offices so you can sanitize conference rooms and public spaces to your own comfort level.
- We have installed signage on our conference rooms and our desks to indicate whether or not the room or desk has been cleaned before use.
- Our Community Managers will be removing chairs from our conference rooms to ensure proper social distancing for guests and membership. We will update conference room capacity numbers on our member platform to reflect this change.
- We have hand sanitizer at our community managers desks, and pumps/dispensers dispersed throughout the space, but strongly encourage you to use our well-stocked kitchens and restrooms with hand-soap and water instead.
- Bathrooms will still be cleaned at a greater frequency, and stock within the restrooms will be checked regularly.
- Brickyard has rolled back its directional signage installation and is now removing our directional signage. Please note in the next paragraph that Brickyard still strongly recommends social distancing.
- Brickyard will be increasing its in-person events in the space, and we ask our members to cautiously do the same. Please still refrain from having holiday events in our space to ensure minimal crowd contact in our offices.
- We will be carefully monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organization websites for updates regarding the Novel Coronavirus, listening to our local, state, and federal government on actions we can follow as a business, and consulting industry experts regarding best practices to keep our coworking community safe. We strongly urge our members to do all of the following as well using the following links:
- World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
How You Can Help
While we are working diligently to keep Brickyard clean, we need the help of our members to accomplish this. In following with the CDC guidelines, we ask the following of everyone:
- Mask Wearing is at Member Discretion: Given Executive Order 72 & Future Executive Order 79, members and patrons may wear a mask, but are not required to wear masks in our space. We encourage you to wear a mask if you have not been vaccinated.
- You are Encouraged to Register All Visitors, but you are No Longer Required: We are glad many businesses are returning back to normal operations, however to keep this momentum, we still ask all guests to be checked in through Brickyard Connect.
- Mark Desks and Rooms You Have Used (or Sanitize After Use): As stated earlier, we have installed signage on our conference rooms and our desks to indicate whether or not the room or desk has been cleaned before use. Please be sure to mark your desk or conference room as dirty after each use so our team can proactively clean all resources. Taking this extra precaution ensures sanitation of the space.
- Avoid Direct Contact: While shaking hands and being close in proximity is often invited in the business world, we want to encourage our members to avoid all hand-to-hand contact and consider the proximity you have with fellow members.
- Use Respiratory Etiquette: Cover coughs and sneezes with either the inner crux of your elbow or a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the trash can. Please wash your hands afterwards should you choose to use a tissue.
- Social Distance: We urge our Flex and Dedicated members to sit one desk apart from one another, and for our private offices to consider partial telework to decrease the spread. To encourage this behavior, we will be removing chairs from our conference rooms, and we ask that you honor the capacity we have set for each room. Do not add more chairs from other conference rooms. When in our office, continue to keep your personal radius contact with fellow members and staff to six feet.
- Thorough Hand Hygiene: Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60%-95% alcohol.
- Notify Us of Bathroom Issues: Please let our staff know as soon as possible if a bathroom is out of order or if soap dispensers or faucets seems to be malfunctioning.
- Avoid Hand-to-Face Contact: Avoid touching your face with your hands, which may increase your chances of exposure in public areas. Telling yourself not to touch your face is harder than making yourself more aware of when you touch your face. Our team recommends that you set an hourly reminder to remind yourself of your hand-to-face contact, and to count when you do make contact.
Lastly, please stay at home if you meet any of the following guidelines:
- Fever or symptoms of lower respiratory illness, such as coughing or difficulty breathing. Even if you think you have a normal “bronchitis” or the “flu.” A simple runny nose is not a worrisome symptom at this time.
- Anyone who has traveled outside of the United States or coming from abroad in the 14 days before becoming sick.
- Anyone who has been in close contact with a person confirmed to have COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus). If you have had a positive COVID-19 diagnosis and/or you have come into contact with someone who has, please notify us immediately.
We know COVID-19 has been disruptive to you and your business, but we continue to ask for everyone’s cooperation as the national CDC and Federal Guidelines continue to develop and change.
The health and safety of the entire Brickyard community is our number one priority! We greatly appreciate your assistance and participation, and hope all of you have a happy and healthy holiday season. We genuinely appreciate all of you, and look forward to still seeing you thrive in our offices.